When I saw this recipe on Jane’s healthy kitchen , I was extremely excited to try it out. I picked up a whole pack of fresh basil and was wondering what to make. I could never grow tired of the smell of the fresh basil , somehow the presence of basil in my fridge makes me feel like i’m in Gourmet heaven. Jane has used some sauteed chicken in her recipe , while I tried to use the Chicken sausages in this recipe. I have adapted this beautiful recipe this way.
- 2 Zucchinis – Julienned using a Julienne Peeler
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Spiced chicken sausages ( You can use any kind to suit your preference ) – Approximately 1 cup when cut
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – diced evenly
- Steam the julienned zucchinis for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Pesto Sauce by toasting the nuts for 1 to 2 minutes. Once cool , mix the Basil , Garlic , Nuts , oil and salt in a food processor/ blender until they turn into a smooth paste
- Wash the sausages and cut them into small 1/2 inch pieces. Cook them on a Pan with some oil.
- Once all the elements are cooked , assemble the Zucchini Pasta, Bell pepper and the sausages and top it with a generous amount of Pesto sauce.
- Drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Olives.