If you are an ardent Paleo diet follower , chances are that you’ve been asked this questions several times ? So , you can stay off all grains ? With a cultural inclination to consume a lot of rice , giving up on rice may give the rice lovers a sense of feeling like a fish out of water. To satisfy one’s rice cravings the Mock rice fried rice are a great help. I have tweaked this to have an Indian touch. And to make things better , this one is a simpler version of the recipe that will help you fix a meal in no time.The same recipe gets adapted with left over rice in a normal Indian household. Hope you like it!
Serves : 2 Adults
- Medium sized Cauliflower chopped into florets.
- 1 Onion diced into cubes.
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- Pinch of turmeric ( Optional )
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili powder ( Vary the spice per your taste)
- 1/2 Garam Masala ( Optional )
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Coriander for garnish
- Salt to Taste
- EVOO or Ghee – 1 Teaspoon
- Chuck the Cauliflower florets along with Diced onion , garlic , ginger in a food processor/ blender and grind them to a coarse mixture
- In a pan , add the EVOO/ ghee and saute diced tomatoes for a minute until they are cooked and then the Cauliflower for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the salt , chili powder , turmeric , garam masala and lemon juice and mix them well.
- Garnish it with Coriander and serve them hot.
- The Garam Masala is completely optional in the recipe and are easily available in most Indian stores. If you’d like to make your own Masala , you could try this recipe.
- Turmeric Powder has great medicinal values and are used in most Indian recipes due to their Ayurvedic and antiseptic effects. However they do not change the Taste of the dish to a great extent and can be eliminated.
- The chili powder can be varied to your personal taste
- The lemon juice is usually added to the dish to tone down the spice levels and give it a great balance of acidity. However if you do eliminate the Garam Masala and tone down the spice levels , the acidity from the tomatoes are sufficient for this dish.
- If you’d like it and are not lactose intolerant, you could serve this with fresh yogurt to go with the dish.