- 200 grams Basa fish fillet (cut into pieces )
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1 small onion (quartered)
- 1/2 Cup Bell Peppers de-seeded and cubed ( Red or Yellow ).
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms ( any kind )
- 2 to 3 stalks of scallions (cut into 1.5 inch length)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chili powder ( Optional )
- 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Marinate the cubed fish fillet with Ginger and Garlic Paste , Coconut Vinegar , Chili Powder for 20 minutes
- Once the fish is marinated , pan sear the fish for 3 minutes on each side.
- Heat up the wok and add in some cooking oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms and stir fry them until aromatic.
- Add in the fish and cubed bell peppers and do a quick stir.
- Add the Fish sauce ,chopped scallion, and do a quick stir, dish up and serve hot.
1 ) Some of the ingredients listed above do not follow the conventional Chinese cooking ingredients since they are adapted for a Paleo Compliant recipe.
- Fish sauce in place of Soy sauce
- Coconut Vinegar in place of Rice vinegar or White vinegar which is synthetic in nature.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil in place of Peanut oil
2 ) The Red / Yellow Bell Peppers are sweet and do not need much cooking. You could use the Green Bell peppers as well in which case you could cook them with the Onions and Mushroom from Step 4.
Serves : 2
Preparation Time : 30 Minutes ( Includes Marinating )
Cooking Time : 20 Minutes