December makes me a very happy person. For most part of my childhood , it was mostly a countdown to my own birthday. Then in my early twenties , ushering in the Millennium was exciting. Now in my early thirties , I have to admit , neither my birthday nor the new year excites me as much. But what hasn’t changed is that warm and fuzzy feeling when I flip a page through my personalized calendar with beautiful memories of the year that was on Dec 1st. Amidst the Birthday frenzy , or a new year excitement ,I’m also pretty darn sure the fresh baked cakes , cookies and the puddings had a major role to play. And who doesn’t like it when you have people sharing lovely baked goodies , taking time to talk to each other and wish happiness. I have been almost drained liking and slobbering over the beautiful pictures that some of my friends have been putting up. So , I baked something myself to kick start this beautiful month.
The Baked Banana and Chocolate Pudding looks bad but tasted heavenly. But what made me more happy is when the three of us sat on our cozy Coffee Table stools and tucked into one single bowl and mopped it up clean.I do hope to revisit this recipe and try to make it more prettier. Probably not using the eggs or the butter made the pudding flat.
For making this recipe ,
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 4 Tablespoons Almond Meal.
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Honey.
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence.
- Nuts for Garnish
- Coarsely ground Toasted Almonds – 1 Teaspoon( Optional )
- Peel the Banana and mash them to a smooth consistency ( Use a food processor to make sure there are no lumps ). Add the Cocoa Powder , Almond Meal , Vanilla essence , Baking powder and Honey and combine them well.
- Grease your Ramekins with some butter and pour the mixture into them Ramekins. I’ve used 2 nos 3.5 Inch Ramekins for this pudding.
- Pre-Heat your oven at 180 C / 350 F.
- Bake the Puddings for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can either scoop the pudding from the ramekins and serve them in a dessert bowl or serve them straight in a ramekin.
- Finally top this pudding with some coarsely ground almond powder and nuts of your choice and serve.